Whether your idea of a perfect Valentine’s Day involves a bouquet of red roses or a bottle of rosé with your girlfriends, February 14 is always one of the best days for getting dressed. This year, Valentine’s Day just so happens to fall on the weekend, which means we’re all going to be eyeing looks that err on the dressier side or cater to a good, old-fashioned night on the town with your bae. We’ve put together some of the best and most trend-forward Valentine’s Day looks featuring the best boutique dresses, skirts, jumpsuits and tops that you’re guaranteed to crush on.
- Red on Red: Monochrome Madness—If you consider yourself a mod lady with a penchant for bold style, consider going painted in monochrome this year. We’re not talking about your standard black-jeans-and-black-blouse type of monochrome (though, don’t get us wrong, that’s an essential). We’re thinking more bright red on bright red to get you into the V-Day spirit. To avoid looking like you’re wearing a jumpsuit or a dress, break up your ‘chrome with varying textures and fabrics.
- Neon Vibes: Hello, Hot Pink—Step into the future with a sexy neon ‘fit perfect for a night out on the town with your besties or BF. The experts are predicting that neon will be one of the hottest trends of the year, so donning it on V-Day will only help solidify your place as a trend-spotting tastemaker. Obviously, you’re going to want to infuse touches of neon pink to get in the spirit of romance and love.
- Lovely Lace: Little Black (Lace) Dress—Anyone whose idea of Valentine’s Day romance is sexy and sultry must get to know the lace dress. Coupled with any kind of satin or silky fabric, a little lace trim or some lacy paneling turns any frock into a sensual option for a hot Valentine’s Day date night. Rock this frock with a pair of super-sexy ankle strap heels, preferably in cherry red or black, to complete the look. You can go long or short. Either way, lace brings seriously sexy style.
- Rose Overload: Flirty Floral Frocks—Everybody knows that, besides hearts, flowers are the symbol of this holiday. If you love a classic Valentine’s Day look, go for a fun floral dress featuring a rose print. If you’re more about subtlety but still want to pay tribute to the occasion, go for a more general print featuring big blooms of daisies, gardenias or peonies. Anything in a pale pink or deep red will complement your romantic or flirty V-Day ensemble!
- Kitsch Central: Heart Prints Galore—Don’t be afraid to add a little tongue-in-cheek personality to your romantic sense of style. Think about rocking festive graphic tees featuring messages like “wine is my valentine” or “taken” if you want to send a message loud and clear this year. We also love kitschy dresses and tops with prints featuring conversation hearts and lots of X’s and O’s.
- Twirl-Worthy: Heart-Red Dresses—Ladies, if you’ve ever felt like the dancing lady in the red dress (💃) was your spirit emoji, then this is the V-day look for you. Pick a dress in a classic Valentine’s Day red with a flirty bottom half. Think: ruffles, pleats or anything involving a sexy side slit. The idea is to feel exactly like the dancing lady emoji when hitting the dance floor after dinner. Of course, the only way to top off this iconic romance-heavy look is to add some matching red pumps.
- Hot Date: Curve-Hugging Bodycons—For the gal whose dream V-Day features roses, candles and a reservation at the hottest restaurant in town, you can’t go wrong with this sizzling-hot outfit idea. It doesn’t even matter what color or pattern you choose—though anything in pink, red, floral or heart prints will be a big winner—because the bodycon instantly signals a certain kind of sexy edge. Pick a style that stops either just before or just after the knee and complete the look with some statement pumps that command attention.
- Tulle Rules: Fluffy Skirts, Anyone?—Tulle is one of the most ideal materials for any romance-heavy occasion. There’s just something so flirty and feminine about a tulle skirt, especially when paired with a ruffled or lacy top. Here’s the thing, though: tulle doesn’t have to mean an over-the-top ballgown. You can totally rock it in a less formal and more playful manner, with basically as much fluff as you prefer. Pair a solid-colored red or pink tulle skirt with a sweet, patterned button-up for a double dose of festive Valentine’s Day style.
- Classy-Dressy: Soft, Pleated Skirts—Love tulle but feel like it’s just a little bit too much? We totally get that. Luckily, there’s an alternative—the soft, pleated skirt. These uber-romantic date night essentials typically stop at the calf or just above the knee, creating ample potential for twirling. Pick a style that’s more on the high-waisted end and tuck it in for a super-chic and polished looking Valentine’s Day getup. Of course, any option in pink or red will do, but black or white works as well!
- One-Piece Wonders: Dressy Jumpsuits—Are you, like us, totally on the jumpsuit bandwagon? We just adore the versatility of these wonderful one-piece wonders and how they can effortlessly move from day to night, from dressy to laid-back. We love the idea of rocking a classic Valentine’s Day red jumpsuit and dressing it up with some dazzling, strappy heels to capture the heart of your suitor!
Adding a Touch of Personality
Lace, tulle and rosy reds for days—is there anything more textbook V-Day? In preparation for your big date night, make sure to add a little something extra-dazzling to your look by layering your favorite clutch or a special piece of jewelry. Grab unique pieces from the trendy clothing boutique and you’ll be well on your way to a date night look everyone will envy.