Just like the fashion industry, makeup trends are also becoming fast-paced. There are new products being sold in the market and influential people, just like your favorite celebrities, are using these when they’re out and about or during their red carpet premieres. Because of their social status, more and more people copy their looks – and you could be guilty of doing the same. There are many makeup trends today, but among these, feathering eyebrows seems to be one of the most preferred by many. If you want to try this latest makeup trend or you want to give yourself a makeover, undergoing feathering eyebrows can be an excellent start.
Feathering Eyebrows 101: Definition, Pros Vs. Cons
Feathering eyebrows, or also known as 3D brows, microblading or brow embroidery, is a procedure which involves a trained professional who will tattoo “strokes of hair” on your eyebrow. During your feathering eyebrow sessions, a microblading blade will be dipped in ink which complements your skin tone and is used to tattoo the hair. Unlike other eyebrow procedures, feathering eyebrows results in a more natural look thus, the name. Aside from improving how your eyebrow looks like, feathering eyebrows can also provide you with the following benefits:
- It has long-lasting results: Undergoing any beauty procedure will require money. This is why as much as possible, you would want a beauty procedure to become your investment; you want it to last long-term. And with the feathering eyebrow trend, you’ll surely get those kinds of results. Feathering eyebrows will only require one session and a few touch ups after a month, and you can enjoy professionally-made eyebrows for up to 5 years. You’ll be getting the value for your money with this procedure!
- It can help you determine which works for you: Feathering eyebrows can last for years, but unlike eyebrow pigmentation, it doesn’t last forever. This means that you’ll have the chance to change how your eyebrows look after your first feathering eyebrows experience. For example, if you realize you look better with thicker or thinner eyebrows, have the artist tattoo your eyebrows the way you like it next time. You don’t have to live with the same eyebrows all your life.
- It can save you time and money in the long run: There are some people, men, and women, who are too conscious of how their eyebrows look like. This is the reason why whenever they’re heading out, it would take hours for them to prepare because they have to fill in their eyebrows and make sure that each side exactly looks the same. Fortunately, you don’t have to experience any of these when you have feathering eyebrows. Since your session will last for years, you don’t have to fill in your eyebrows before going out, and you don’t have to buy any eyebrow products anymore. You’ll save time and money in the long run because of feathering eyebrows!
- It doesn’t smudge or wear off: Different people have a different lifestyle. Some people live a laid back life while some are too active that they spend most of their days working out, doing outdoor sports and even engage themselves in competitions. If you see yourself living this kind of lifestyle, feathering eyebrows might be perfect for you. Since the ink will be tattooed, you don’t have to worry about your eyebrows being smudged or wearing off even if you’re active during the day. Your eyebrows will still look the same since the day you left those eyebrow feathering salons.
- It’s a speedy procedure: Most people are hesitant about getting any beauty procedure because they think it’ll require them to visit an establishment repeatedly. With feathering eyebrows, you don’t have to worry about this. Feathering eyebrows will only require about an hour, and you’re done. It’s a fast procedure but will guarantee long results.
On the other side of the coin, you should also be aware of the setbacks of feathering eyebrows. Collectively, the pros and cons can influence your decision if this beauty procedure will work for you. Listed below are some of the disadvantages of feathering eyebrows:
- It can be unsafe: Feathering eyebrows should only be facilitated by trained professionals with tools made especially for the procedure. If either of these is not present, your feathering eyebrow experience can end with irritation. You can also be susceptible to severe damages since your eyebrows are near other organs in your body, namely your brain. You can even suffer from scars if the procedure isn’t done right. Stray away from this direction by making sure that you only avail of feathering eyebrow services from trained and experienced artists.
- It requires meticulous aftercare: The entire procedure of feathering eyebrows can be very fast, but the aftercare can require time and effort from you. For starters, you have to avoid getting your eyebrows wet after the procedure until a week. This can be very challenging whenever you wash your face and take a bath. Plus, you shouldn’t wear any makeup around your eyebrows and always put moisturizer on at different times of the day.
- It can be painful: Feathering eyebrow is done with a blade which cuts in your skin and will require at least 100 tiny cuts on each side of your eyebrows. It might not be as painful as a regular tattoo, but there is still pain or discomfort whenever you undergo feathering eyebrows. If you have minimal pain tolerance, this can become a problem. Numbing creams are available, but these don’t guarantee a pain-free procedure.
- It’s expensive: Feathering eyebrows might be typical in most salons, but this service often comes with a costly price tag. The cost of this beauty procedure will be around $150-$700 depending on where you go. And while it can be tempting to settle with a salon which offers services at a low price, it’s not always the best choice. Low-Priced feathering eyebrow services can either imply that the tools used are of low-quality or the person who’ll do the procedure isn’t trained or experienced as others. This can put your health at risk and require you to spend more than what you expected.
Bandwagons Aren’t Always The Best
Status quo would tell you that trends come and go fast. What you’re wearing today can become obsolete in the next few weeks. And because of the influence of society and media, you can quickly determine what’s “in” and what’s not. However, this doesn’t mean that you should try out every single trend that everyone else is following. If you’re considering to follow a trend like feathering eyebrows, for example, weigh its pros and cons first. Determine if this procedure can provide you with the solutions you expect, as if done right, it can be highly beneficial.
Hayley Williams is a fashion and beauty enthusiast that loves navigating her way around the latest trends and styles surrounding her niche. As a contributor for sites such as Microblading Eyebrow Salon, Hayley has made it her personal mission to make sure her pieces are enough to excite readers and update them on the newest trends and styles in the fashion scene without overwhelming them. If she’s not busy, she loves shopping and trying out new clothes.